In conjunction with the Iowa Department of Education, we are revising the Medication Administration trainings. All non-nurses in Iowa who dispense medication are required to complete training in medication administration. In addition to the main training, there are several other trainings specific to individual cases (e.g. nebulizers).
Changes to the trainings will be completed over the next week. The updated medication administration manual will be made available in mid-May.
To access the Medication Administration trainings:
1. Go to http://training.aeapdonline.org
2. If you do not have an account, click the “Register here” link. Fill in the required fields. Be sure to select your AEA first, then your district, and then add district password. If you do not know your district password, please visit with your supervising nurse or building administrator, or contact email@example.com.
3. Once you have an account, login
4. Make sure you are on the “courses” tab, and then click the “catalog” tab underneath.
5. From the list, select the Medication Administration training(s). You can filter the list by clicking on the Medication Administration button on the right. Once you click on the training, click on the “register” button that appears below.
6. On the first screen, you will need to click the “continue” button.
7. You are now in the training. Proceed through the training by clicking the “next” button, and completing the quizzes at the end of the sections.
8. Once you are finished with the training, you will see directions to “Go to UR”. This is our registration system and acts as a 2nd verification. Make sure the information is correct.
9. Once you return back to the training system, make sure you are on the “courses” tab, and click on the “completed” tab underneath.
10. You can select the training, and then underneath, click on the “certificate” button to bring up a certificate of completion.
For questions regarding the content