That's right, it's Digital Citizenship Week (October 18-24, 2015).
As parents and educators, we want to raise kids to be safe, responsible, and ethical in the digital world. Giving kids a solid understanding of how we expect them to behave -- both online and off -- starts everyone off on the right foot. Plus, it's actually a lot easier than that other talk.
There are lots of resources out there to help with your comfort in talking with kids about their digital footprint and digital safety. Here's just a sample of resources:
- Take AEA PD Online's self paced course on Digital Citizenship located on our training system.
- Check out these resources from Common Sense Education
- Use AEA PD Online's K-12 Learning Management System for blended learning opportunities for your students
- Eudtopia's blog: Digital Citizenship Week: 6 Resources for Educators
- Edmodo's Blog: Digital Citizenship Week is Here
- Attend the webinar: Making Digital Citizenship Interactive with Nearpod sponsored by edWeb.com (October 21, 2015 3:00 pm Central time)
- Follow on twitter #HaveTheTalk
There's lots of ways to have "The Talk" with your students. What's some of the resources you have found useful?