edWeb.net is hosting a special event for Martin Luther King Jr. Day!One size does not fit all when it comes to student learning. This webinar, led by Shanna Peeples, 2015 National Teacher of the Year, is based on her experience as a teacher in Title I middle and high schools, as well as her work with refugee students, English language learners, and students in remedial classes. Shanna encourages teachers to focus on achievement for students in humanizing and empowering ways.
Bringing together the various strands of differentiation, RTI, and other protocols, this session will help teachers and administrators create effective learning experiences for students. Join Shanna for this live, interactive event to learn how to bring out the best in all of your students. She will field questions from attendees after her presentation. This webinar will deliver both practical strategies and inspiration to educators and administrators working toward success for all of their students.
This webinar is January 18, 2016 at 3 pm standard time. Click here to register for this webinar.
There are a number of online resources available for teachers for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Check out some of these links:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Research and Education Institute https://kinginstitute.stanford.edu/king-resources
- NEA http://www.nea.org/tools/lessons/mlk-day.html
- National Parks Service http://www.nps.gov/malu/learn/education/lessonplansandteacherguides.htm
- Teacher vision https://www.teachervision.com/martin-luther-king-jr/teacher-resources/6643.html
- Education World http://www.educationworld.com/a_lesson/lesson248.shtml
- Scholastic http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/collection/commemorate-life-dr-martin-luther-king-jr
- Brainpop https://educators.brainpop.com/bp-jr-topic/martin-luther-king-jr/
- Teaching Tolerance http://www.tolerance.org/supplement/dos-and-donts-celebrating-mlk-day
- www.CivilRights.org http://www.civilrights.org/resources/mlk/
- Discovery Education http://mlk.discoveryeducation.com/