AEA PD Online: Live! is a service of AEA PD Online and the Iowa Area Education Agencies. We bring to Iowa educators on-demand professional development in a variety of formats, including webinars, presentations, round-table discussions, and recorded live events.
Check out our calendar of upcoming events and registration links.
- edWeb.net Sponsored Webinars
- SoftChalk Sponsored Webinars
Below you will find links to view recordings of events you may have missed. In addition, AEA PD Online: Live! partners with many external providers of quality webinar series. You can find links to those partners below.
Upcoming Live! Events
- Ask Matt! series from School Administrators of Iowa (SAI). Matt Carver answers some frequently asked questions around child custody issues.
- Thought about using NROC resources in your blended learning courses? Come spend an hour with NROC's Member Services team and leave with a year's worth of ideas for using NROC's new math resources and over 4,000 digital learning objects across disciplines from HippoCampus to engage and empower your students. Here is the link to the recorded session.
Archived Live! Recordings
- Ask Matt! series from School Administrators of Iowa. Matt Carver answers some frequently asked questions around attendance issues and student searches.
- Social Studies and Standards Based Grading: Changing how we teach and how students learn. How can standards based grading (SBG) transform and enrich the experiences of students and teachers in social studies? Join us for a conversation with Adam Vorrie (Social Studies teacher at Northeast Hamilton Schools) as he shares his work with applying SBG to his social studies curricula. This two part series will include handouts of Adams SBG rubrics. Here is the link for the first part of this discussion recorded on October 23, 2013. Here is the link to the second session recorded on November 6, 2013.
- Thinking about teaching a course for AEA PD Online? Check out these helpful tips on completing a course proposal form here.
- Thinking about building a lesson in an online environment. Check out these tips for using SoftChalk, a free tool for Iowa educators.
Check Webinars from Live! Partners
- Check out these webinars from Atomic Learning. Click here to learn more about their products that are free to educators and students in Iowa.
- Learn.moodle.net has released a series of videos on moodle version 2.5. If you are looking for information on changes with the new version, check out their youtube account.
- Check out these upcoming webinars from edWeb.net. You can also checkout their archived webinars at this link.
- SoftChalk, a free online lesson resource for Iowa educators has an ongoing webinars on using lessons in an online environment. Check out their calendar here.
- AEA PD Online has been offering courses as a part of the Intel Elements Series. Check out their ongoing webinar offerings here for more ideas on how to use the Elements series in your classroom.
- EdTech Leaders Online (ETLO) also have free webinars on a variety of topics of blended learning and using the common core in your classroom. Here is the link to their archived webinars. Here is the schedule and registration links for upcoming webinars.
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) has ongoing webinars about the Common Core. Check out their upcoming offerings and archived recordings here.
- The National Science Teacher Association (NSTA.org) web seminars are 90-minute, live professional development experiences that use online learning technologies to allow participants to interact with nationally acclaimed experts, NSTA Press authors, and scientists, engineers, and education specialists from NSTA partner organizations. Their webinars are archived as a free resource for educators. They also provide information through a podcast format which are 2-60 minute segments taken from their highly popular Web Seminars. These byte-sized pearls are perfect for teachers trying to keep pace with the ever expanding scientific fields.
- The National Council of Mathematics Teachers (NCTM) offers E-Seminars for Educators. The cost is $79 per downloaded session for non members and they are free for NCTM members. They have a variety of E-Seminars for the full spectrum of grades and topics.
- Tech & Learning also has a free webinar series. Check out their archived and upcoming sessions.